Monday, October 8, 2007

Cleo Manago - AMASSI & BMX


I have known and worked with Cleo Manago off and on for over 15 years. Cleo is a brilliant social scientist. He is handsome and intense. He is also a tireless advocate for African American and African people all over the world.

He is the founder of AMASSI Health Center and the Black Men's Xchange (BMX)

I remember many years ago when I first met Cleo in Sacramento, California after I moved there from Detroit, I was fresh out of the military and just coming out. Cleo was in town to present on issues affecting black men and to recruit members to join the BMX. Cleo's Philosophy of self love and loving black people inspired me to join the fight.

I hope that you are doing well Cleo and still inspiring bruthas to think critically about our situation in America and beyond.

See the interview below.

No comments: