Sunday, October 14, 2007

Stanley Bennett Clay - Legendary

When I picked Stanley up from the Oakland airport, it was as if time has stood still for this man. I swear that he hasn't aged since I last saw him over a decade ago. Are you sure you're not Blackula?

Stanley was in town to receive the Blue Flame Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2007 Oakand International Black LGBT Film Festival, to screen his film "Ritual," and to promote his new book "Looker."

Stanley Bennett Clay has received three NAACP Theatre Awards for writing, directing, and coproducing the critically acclaimed play Ritual, as well as a Pan African Film Festival Jury Award for the film adaptation.

The author of Diva, In Search of Pretty Young Black Men, and his latest book Looker, we were more than proud to honor Mr. Clay with our Lifetime Achievement Award.

I enjoyed every moment having you here Stanley, you are a jewel in our community. I can't wait to post the "Directors Studio" discussion so that others can see more of what I mean.

I hope to see you in Palm Springs next year.

Take care and much love.

Joe


No comments: