Thursday, April 3, 2008

Classics - Giving Betty Davis Her Due On Her 100th Birthday


As a young boy, I can remember my mother being a huge fan of Betty Davis. However, it wasn't until I was about 13 years old that I realized why.

I happened upon one of Davis's films that was featured on the "Movie Of The Week" titled "DEAD RINGER," a devious story about twin sisters in which she played both roles. After the movie was over I was stunned. I then began asking my mother about other films starring Betty Davis and I have been hooked ever since.

Betty Davis was born April 5 and died October 6, 1989 at 81 and her 100th birthday arrives this Saturday. Every time that I watch a Betty Davis film, I think of my mother and our many hours of shared enjoyment of this classic and dynamic actress.
Happy Birthday Betty Davis and thanks for the memories.
See video clips below.





No comments: