Tuesday, April 22, 2008

TODAY IS EARTH DAY - Who Cares?

I do. I once ended a date with a guy who repeatedly threw paper out of my car window on the way to dinner. I am the type of person who will pick up paper off the ground when walking in my neighborhood if I see it. See earth day article below.
Joe

Today, April 22, is Earth Day, which has been marked each year since 1970 as a day of reflection on the state of the environment. At least that's the idea, so let's begin with some figures.

Since 1970, carbon monoxide emissions in the U.S. are down 55%, according to the Environmental Protection Agency. Particular emissions are down nearly 80%, and sulfur dioxide emissions have been reduced by half. Lead emissions have declined more than 98%. All of this has been accomplished despite a doubling of the number of cars on the road and a near-tripling of the number of miles driven, according to Steven Hayward of the Pacific Research Institute. Source>>>>

No comments: