Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Nation's Only National Black Gay Magazine Prints Final Issue
















Dwight Powell, producer of the uber successful circuit party Miami Sizzle and publisher of the nation's only Black gay magazine, Clik, announced via an email bulletin that he is ending his 10 year run publishing Clik Magazine.

According to Mr. Powell, the magazine got its start in Houston, Texas in 1998. Clikque, now "Clik" evolved into America's most recognized and respected publication targeting African American men who love men and was created to highlight the black gay experience in America.

"I am excited and saddened all at the same time. Sad that this issues closes this chapter of my life, but however, excited of the future and possibilities that await me. As I say farewell to you, my good friends, I must first express my gratitude to the many people that have been instrumental in not only the success, but longevity of this publication."

The final issue is scheduled for release on April 15, 2008.
------------------------------------------------
Thank you Dwight for being brave enough to dream a big dream for black gay men and and the gay community at large. Thanks for having the vision, determination, and courage to make that dream real. For years I have always admired and respected your many contributions to our community and I wish you continued success as you blaze a digital trail into the future.
You are GREAT!!
Joe




No comments: