Friday, May 30, 2008

Clay Aiken, American Idol Vet, Fathers Child

"American Idol" vet Clay Aiken is going to be a father, according to TMZ.com.

Citing "multiple sources," the site reported that the mother is Jaymes Foster, who served as executive producer of his new album, On My Way Here, and is a close friend. The site said he stays at her home when he's in Los Angeles.

The site said Foster, 50, is due in August, and this will be her first child. She is the sister of hit producer David Foster. Aiken is 29. The site also reported that Foster was artificially inseminated, but Aiken will take an active role in raising the child.

Aiken talked briefly about Foster with "Access Hollywood" last month.
"[She] is the executive producer of the [new] album," he said. "She's been my executive producer for the last two years."

The pregnancy report comes as a surprise, especially because Aiken's sexuality has long been the subject of media speculation. He talked about the issue in an interview with MTV News in 2006.

"[Knowing] who I'm dating and what kind of cereal I eat ain't gonna benefit anybody else," he said. That kind of thing is not important. I think there's a distinction. ... People have different opinions on that type of thing. I told you what mine is, and I think for each person, you do what's right for you. For me, part of the reason that I have anxiety is the fact that I feel like people are always staring at me. So it's important for me to make sure that I have my friends and vacation, and what I do at home with my family and that type of thing [stays private]."

At press time, a rep for Aiken had not responded to MTV News' requests for comment on the pregnancy.

No comments: