Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A New Earth: Awakening To Your Life's Purpose

Over the past few months, my friend Marvin K. White has been asking me if I had seen Oprah's latest journey into the world of personal and spiritual development inspired by author Eckhart Tolle "A New Earth: Awakening To Life's Purpose."

During the time that Marvin was sharing this info with me, my mind was definitely not ready to receive it, because I was overwhelmed with producing my event in Palm Springs and struggling to create a path to open a new nightclub in Oakland.

On the day that most of our guest from around the world were leaving Palm Springs, I remember a group of guys from Atlanta who seemed negative from the time that they arrived in Palm Springs. And although I saw hundreds of men all around me enjoying themselves, some of the guys from the Atlanta group seemed to have been determined to hate their trip. As this group of Atlantans were checking out of the hotel, I thanked them for coming and said that I hoped to see them again and one of them replied...I won't be back. I thought, with that attitude...Good!

But then something amazing happened immediately afterwards...a group of men (African American and Latino) came to me full of excitement and joy saying how powerful that this trip was for them and that they had now created a new support group called Kings Supporting Kings. They described how they had all bonded during their stay at the Canyon Club Hotel and drew encouragement, spiritual enlightenment and support from one another over the weekend.

Wow!...everything isn't for everyone I thought and life really is what you make of it.

I stood at the reservation desk fully vindicated in knowing that just as I have believed all along, that sex is not only a path to pleasure, life, and for some death. Sex and sexuality is a gift and can also be the path which leads to self acceptance, spiritual enlightenment, peace and more healthy and fulfilling relationships.

After returning home from Palm Springs and the experience that I had with the men leaving the Canyon Club Hotel, I was ready to explore Marvin's exciting suggestion to take the free online course and experience this powerful personal and spiritual development experience and share it with all of you.

Click here to take the video webcast journey "A New Earth: Awakening To Life's Purpose"
and Click here to explore that new awakening with us next year in Palm Springs, California.

Joe

No comments: