Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Rapper Rick Ross Sorry for Gay Slurs



Miami rapper Rick Ross has apologized for using homophobic slurs last week when he was denigrating rival 50 Cent. He told Southern California radio station 93.5 The Beat that "[50 Cent is] not straight. He's gay. He's a fag. You know it. I know it. Listen, we're not gonna waste time on Curly. He's a monkey."

A video blog on AllStarHipHop.com apparently made on Saturday shows the 33-year-old Ross smoking a blunt and apologizing for his homophobic language: "I heard I offended the homosexual community recently with terms I've been using the last few weeks -- terms, like 'fags,' 'punks,' 'homos,' gays,' we all know. And what I want to say is I apologize. I sincerely apologize to the gay community, to the people I offended with the words like 'fags,' 'gays,' 'punks.' You know, words like that. I apologize. And just to let the gay community know how sincere I am with my apologies, I'm offering and willing to do a record with a openly gay artist such as Curly, Curtis Jackson, 50 Cent. We all know he's gay. I'm willing to do a song ... even Elton John ... both two great gay artists ... so I apologize to the gay community. That's from the boss ... Now all the gays, we good. Peace."

It's not clear whether Ross actually thinks 50 Cent is gay or was just insulting him in a roundabout way.

Source>>>

No comments: